The beginning of a new month brings with it so much potential for great things. Whether you’re taking on a new project, developing a new habit, or dreaming up new adventures, the start of a new month is the perfect time to kick it off. If you want to supercharge your motivation, these new month quotes are full of positive perspectives to help fuel your mindset. Pick a quote of the month—or several—write it in your bullet journal or set it as your computer’s wallpaper, and celebrate as you hit your monthly goals.
First Day of the Month Motivational Quotes
Motivational quotes for a new month are the best way to reset your thinking, especially if the last month was a struggle. If things have gotten off track, it’s important to clear your mind, analyze what happened, and map out your next steps. Take the first day of this month to go through this process and determine your goals and priorities for the upcoming month.
From there, you want to give yourself the psychological fuel you need to kick into gear. First day of the month quotes like those found below usually have a positive motivational message and remind you that you have what it takes to succeed. You have the whole month ahead of you, and you can accomplish more than you think in that timeframe.
Read through the motivational quotes below and save the ones that help you feel more connected to your current goals and excited about accomplishing them.
- “The plan is to fan this spark into a flame.” — Lin-Manuel Miranda
- “The beginning is the most important part of the work.” — Plato
- “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Cheers to a new month and another chance for us to get it right.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “Cast away all your confusion. A new month is coming to replace all the odds with countless opportunities.” — Anonymous
- “If all you can do is crawl, start crawling.” — Rumi
- “Be willing to be a beginner every single morning.” — Meister Eckhart
- “A year from now you may wish you had started today.” — Karen Lamb
- “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” — George Eliot
- “This one step—choosing a goal and sticking to it—changes everything.” ― Scott Reed
New Month Motivational Quotes for Work
Work is one of the areas in our lives where we need a continual source of motivation. Sometimes money is enough of a motivator; other times, we need to look within ourselves for the motivation we need to continue in our work to the best of our abilities.
When we look at the words of some of the most influential people of our time, one of the common themes is that hard work pays off. It’s not enough to want something or to give it a shot. You have to give it your all if you want to achieve success.
If you need new month motivation for work, these quotes will help you fix your mind on the keys to excellence in the workplace.
- “In the end, the most important thing is to be true to yourself and those you love and work hard. I mean, work like there’s no tomorrow. Train. Strive. I mean, really train and cultivate your talent to the highest degree. Be the best at what you do.” — Michael Jackson
- “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” — Estée Lauder
- “Just try new things. Don’t be afraid. Step out of your comfort zone and soar.” — Michelle Obama
- “Stay away from those people who try to disparage your ambitions. Small minds will always do that, but great minds will give you a feeling that you can become great too.” — Mark Twain
- “Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to become the best of which you are capable.” — John Wooden
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.” — Aristotle
- “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” — Babe Ruth
- “The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.” — Jimmy Johnson
- “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing; that’s why we recommend it daily.” — Zig Ziglar
- “Be humble. Be hungry. And always be the hardest worker in the room.” — Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
New Month New Beginnings Quotes
You’ve probably heard the saying new month new beginnings. Another common theme of new month motivational quotes is the idea that the start of a new month is all about having a clean slate and a brand new start.
Of course, you don’t have to wait for a new month to start to experience a new beginning. Each new day brings with it new opportunities and the chance to start again on anything that isn’t going as well as you’d hoped. It’s never too late to push the reset button.
Nonetheless, there’s something about a new month that does have a sense of gravitas to it. You’re turning over the page in your monthly calendar or starting a new section in your bullet journal. There may be changes in weather or in your schedule that coincide with the changing of the month. If you’re a student, you probably have a shiny new bus pass.
To mark this set of new beginnings, it’s only fitting that we should have some fresh start quotes to help us acknowledge the potential the new month holds.
- “New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.” — Lao Tzu
- “Stepping onto a brand-new path is difficult, but not more difficult than remaining in a situation, which is not nurturing to the whole woman.” — Maya Angelou
- “Unless a man starts afresh about things, he will certainly do nothing effective.” — G. K. Chesterton
- “Every moment is a fresh beginning.” — T.S. Eliot
- “Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it…If you have made mistakes, even serious mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down.” – Mary Pickford
- “We must be willing to get rid of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” — Joseph Campbell
- “A new month marks a new beginning and a fresh start.” — Winifred Kal
- “This is not the beginning of a new chapter in my life; this is the beginning of a new book…this new book has just begun! A beautiful one.” ― C. JoyBell C
- “Drench yourself in words unspoken, Live your life with arms wide open, Today is where your book begins, The rest is still unwritten.” — Natasha Bedingfield
- “Tomorrow is a new beginning. Embrace the light of a new day, for you have a fresh chance to begin again, to make life beautiful.” — Leon Brown
New Month New Goals Quotes
The new month is also a fantastic time to set goals for yourself. It’s a good idea to reflect on your goals from the previous month, check off what you’ve accomplished, and figure out how to do better in the month ahead. You may choose to set greater goals for yourself if you find the ones you’re setting are too achievable. You want to feel a little bit of a stretch when you reach for your goals.
If you’re not a hundred percent on board with goal-setting yet, hopefully, these motivational quotes about goals will give you the motivation you need to give it a try. You have nothing to lose and you may experience incredible breakthroughs when you commit to setting personal improvement goals.
- “New month, new intentions, new goals, new love, new light, and new beginnings.” ― April Mae Monterrosa
- “If a goal is worth having, it’s worth blocking out the time in your day-to-day life necessary to achieve it.” — Jill Koenig
- “Write your goals down in detail and read your list of goals every day.” ― Jack Canfield
- “Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren’t sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better.” — John Carmack
- “People with goals succeed because they know where they are going.” ― Earl Nightingale
- “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.” — Confucius
- “By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be. Put your future in good hands — your own.” — Mark Victor Hansen
- “If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes.” ― Andrew Carnegie
- “Without goals, and plans to reach them, you are like a ship that has set sail with no destination.” — Fitzhugh Dodson
- “The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never score.” — Bill Copeland
Inspirational Quotes for a New Month
Motivational quotes are great for spurring you into action to work toward your goals, but sometimes you need more than that. If you’re feeling uncreative or stuck in a rut, you may be in need of a little inspiration.
While inspirational new month quotes may not be enough to get your creative juices flowing, they can help you tap into the self-confidence and gumption of others who have achieved great things. Take some time early this month to read these quotes and seek out some new experiences and new ideas to help get your mind back into creative mode.
Slow down, spend some time in nature, and remind yourself what your core purpose is. From that place, inspiration should come a lot more easily.
- “The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.” — J.P. Morgan
- ”I must be willing to give up what I am in order to become what I will be.” — Albert Einstein
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ― Mark Twain
- “Never underestimate the power you have to take your life in a new direction.” ― Germany Kent
- “It’s never too late to become who you want to be. I hope you live a life that you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start over.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “If your dreams don’t scare you, they are too small.” — Richard Branson
- “Asking is the beginning of receiving. Make sure you don’t go to the ocean with a teaspoon.” — Jim Rohn
- “I see it instead as forward motion, a means of evolving toward a better self. The journey doesn’t end.” – Michelle Obama
- “If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” — Henry David Thoreau
Best Time Quotes
Months help us track the progression of time, breaking it down into roughly equal chunks during which we generally try to move ourselves further along than we were before.
And while we tend to get caught up on productivity and making the best use of our time, it’s important to also remember that time is the most precious of gifts and productivity is not the only thing it’s good for.
The best time quotes remind us not only that time is valuable, but also that we get to choose each day—and each month—how we want to use those sacred hours.
- “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “We must use time as a tool, not as a couch.” ― John F. Kennedy
- “The time for action is now. It’s never too late to do something.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second-best time is now.” — Chinese Proverb
- “It’s not that we have little time, but more that we waste a good deal of it.” — Seneca
- “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” — Earl Nightingale
- “You get to decide where your time goes. You can either spend it moving forward, or you can spend it putting out fires. You decide. And if you don’t decide, others will decide for you.” — Tony Morgan
- “The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.” — Leo Tolstoy
- “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” — J.R.R. Tolkien
- “If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.” — Bruce Lee
Short New Month Quotes
Finally, sometimes you just need short and sweet quotes that you can add to a digital design or a bullet journal spread. Here are a few of our favorite short quotes to mark the new month.
- “The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” — Lao Tzu
- “Life stands before me like an eternal spring with new and brilliant clothes.” — Carl Friedrich Gauss
- “Light tomorrow with today.” — Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- “Our life is frittered away by detail…simplify, simplify.: — Henry David Thoreau
- “If you can dream it, you can do it.” — Walt Disney
- “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” — Margaret Thatcher
- “Life moves on and so should we.” — Spencer Johnson
- “No matter what happens, life does go on.” — Maya Angelou
- “The successes and failures of yesterday are gone, today is a new day.” — Noel DeJesus
- “The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.” — Ralph Blum
Have a Well-Motivated Month
Hopefully, these new month motivational quotes have sparked your flame and pumped you up for the month ahead. At the risk of sounding cliche, a new month really is a new beginning with a blank canvas for you to paint on. We hope yours is everything you want it to be.
Sophie Agbonkhese is a writer, homeschooling mother of four, and a recovering overachiever (who occasionally relapses). She is the founder of My Cup Runs Over, a site dedicated to helping busy women simplify and enrich their lives. When she’s not writing or debugging websites, Sophie spends her time reading, dancing, bullet journaling, reading, gardening, listening to audiobooks, and striving fruitlessly to have a clean house for at least five minutes.