Last updated on March 10th, 2021
Some Things You May Like to Know About Me
Here’s my life story, in nine sentences or less:
- Originally from Vancouver Island, I spent much of my childhood practicing karate and other sports, except in the summers when I fished for salmon with my dad in the northwest rivers of British Columbia.
- In 2002, I moved to Nova Scotia to study business administration, and in my first month at university, met the amazing man I would later marry.
- Once we’d been thoroughly educated in the scintillating topics of accounting, marketing theory, and economics—you detect only a hint of sarcasm there; I actually do find these things stimulating—we made our way back to the west coast where we were blessed with the four beautiful people you see below.
- We were hard-to-manage people who liked doing things our own way so, naturally, we went into business for ourselves. We started a management consulting company together and I later branched out and opened a sustainability consulting agency.
- I went back to school and studied the even more scintillating topics of logistics, sustainability, and supply chain management (what can I say? I’m a total nerd).
- In 2012, I scaled back from my consulting and took on the far more intimidating task of homeschooling our little people.
- Somewhere along the way, I lost myself, then found myself again through Jesus, awesome friends, and a LOT of writing and good books. I launched this website so I could continue that journey alongside a bunch of new friends, who—by some slim chance—just might find what I’ve learned to be helpful in their own journeys.
What I write
I love writing novels, and am currently working on a contemporary women’s fiction. I also write about spiritual disciplines for busy women.
Things I love
Chocolate. Rooibos chai tea. Thoughtfully curated cheese boards.Reading. Some of my favourites are Lawrence Hill, Kate Morton, Susan Meissner, and Khaled Hosseini. I love books that can completely twist my heart into knots as theirs unfailingly do.Sweaters and skinny jeans. Everything purple or turquoise.The ocean, lakes, beaches, and forests. Libraries!! Any place that isn’t a mall, really.
Join Me Today
If you crave more Jesus, more rest, more books, and more encouragement, put yourself on my mailing list today. You’ll get access to all of my subscriber-only resources as well as exclusive content in your inbox.
Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting. I look forward to getting to know you.