Some Things You May Like to Know About Me
Here's my life story, in nine sentences or less:
- Originally from Vancouver Island, I spent much of my childhood practicing karate and other sports, except in the summers when I fished for salmon with my dad in the northwest rivers of British Columbia.
- In 2002, I moved to Nova Scotia to study business administration, and in my first month at university, met the amazing man I would later marry.
- Once we'd been thoroughly educated in the scintillating topics of accounting, marketing theory, and economics—you detect only a hint of sarcasm there; I actually do find these things stimulating—we made our way back to the west coast where we were blessed with the four beautiful people you see below.
- We were hard-to-manage people who liked doing things our own way so, naturally, we went into business for ourselves. We started a management consulting company together and I later branched out and opened a sustainability consulting agency.
- I went back to school and studied the even more scintillating topics of logistics, sustainability, and supply chain management (what can I say? I'm a total nerd).
- In 2012, I scaled back from my consulting and took on the far more intimidating task of homeschooling our little people.
- Somewhere along the way, I lost myself, then found myself again through Jesus, awesome friends, and a LOT of writing and good books. I launched this website so I could continue that journey alongside a bunch of new friends, who—by some slim chance—just might find what I've learned to be helpful in their own journeys.
What I write
I love writing novels and have completed my first novel, Songs in the Night. I'm currently working on a second novel as well as a spiritual discipline guide for busy women.
Things I love
Chocolate, obviously. Rooibos chai tea. Thoughtfully curated cheese boards.
Reading. Some of my favourites are Lawrence Hill, Kate Morton, Susan Meissner, and Khaled Hosseini. I love books that can completely twist my heart into knots as theirs unfailingly do.
Cardigans, tee-shirts, skinny jeans, ballet flats.
Everything purple or turquoise.
The ocean, lakes, beaches, and forests. Libraries!! Any place that isn’t a mall, really.
Join Me Today
If you crave more Jesus, more rest, more books, and more encouragement, put yourself on my mailing list today. You'll get access to all of my subscriber-only resources as well as exclusive content in your inbox.
Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting. I look forward to getting to know you.